Immigration to Prince Edward Island - Provincial Nominee Program of Canada (PEI PNP)
You can immigrate to Canada through one of the provincial programs, the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program.
Prince Edward Island is a province in eastern Canada, one of the Atlantic provinces. It is sometimes called the "birthplace of Canada" because of the Charlottetown conference that led to the formation of the country. Prince Edward Island is famous for its lush farmlands and beautiful coastlines, and it is a region with a booming economy based on agriculture, fishing and tourism.
Applicants who do not score the required points for immigration to Canada through the federal program can try to immigrate through one of the 11 provincial programs. It is not difficult, and the programs are available for a wide range of occupations. These programs are also interesting for those who plan to live and work in a particular province or territory.
The Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) includes several streams.
Streams for employees
- Critical Workers stream is for foreigners who are currently working for a Prince Edward Island employer in a low-skilled occupation;
- International Graduates stream is for candidates who graduated in Prince Edward Island and are now working in the province;
- PEI Express Entry stream is for qualified people who have an Express Entry profile ;
- Skilled Workers in PEI stream is for skilled workers who are currently working for a Prince Edward Island employer;
- Skilled Workers Outside Canada stream is for skilled workers who are outside of Canada and have received a job offer from a provincial employer;
- Occupations In Demand stream is for people in certain occupations who have received a job offer in the province;
- Intermediate Experience stream is for those who have worked in Canada and received a job offer in Prince Edward Island.
Streams for entrepreneurs
- Work Permit stream is for foreign nationals with management or business ownership experience who would like to move to Prince Edward Island on a temporary basis to start a business and eventually become a permanent resident.
Other ways to immigrate to PEI
PEI, along with other Atlantic provinces, participates in the Atlantic Immigration Program, which allows skilled workers, skilled trades and university graduates to move to Canada.
By choosing one of these streams, you can get permanent residency in Canada and Canadian citizenship after three years of permanent residency.
To increase your chances of receiving an invitation to apply for a nomination, we recommend keeping an eye on history of passing scores and the number of invitations.