Immigration to Nova Scotia through the International Graduates in Demand stream
Graduates of provincial universities with priority specialties can obtain permanent residency through the International Graduates in Demand stream.
The International Graduates in Demand stream of Nova Scotia's provincial program is designed for international graduates of local universities whose skills and education are in demand in the labour market. A candidate does not have to complete all the training in the province, but at least a half of it.
To apply for the International Graduates in Demand stream, you must meet the following criteria:
- be 21 to 55 years of age;
- receive a job offer in Nova Scotia in one of the suitable occupations (list below);
- completed training in a suitable profession within the last 3 years;
- demonstrate proficiency in English or French at the level 5 on the CLB scale (intermediate level);
- have enough money to settle in Nova Scotia.
At the moment, two professions are eligible for the International Graduates in Demand stream:
How to apply
If you meet the criteria and want to apply for the stream, you must create an account on the provincial Nova Scotia website.
To learn about other Nova Scotia provincial program streams, see "Immigration to Nova Scotia — Canada's provincial program".