Alberta launches new immigration program
The province is already accepting applications.
"Under the new program, technicians from across Canada and overseas can become permanent residents in as little as six months if they have a job offer in an in-demand profession," Shandro said.
The provincial government promises priority processing of applications within the flow and permanent residency within six months.
There are currently more than 3,000 technology companies in Alberta. The technology sector has grown 233% since 2012, but companies are still understaffed.
A candidate applying for the Accelerated Technical Program must have a Express Entry profile, that is, meet the requirements of one of the three federal immigration programs, score 300 points in the system and have an offer of employment in the province in one of the eligible professions:
- Senior managers in finance, communications and other areas;
- human resources managers;
- managers of telecom operators;
- engineering managers;
- Architecture and Science Managers;
- computer and information systems managers;
- managers in publishing, film, broadcasting and performing arts;
- corporate sales managers;
- Specialists in advertising, marketing and public relations;
- human resources specialists;
- Search and Recruitment Professionals;
- construction engineers;
- mechanical engineers;
- electromechanical and -electronic engineers;
- computer engineers;
- mathematicians, statisticians, and actuaries;
- information systems analysts and consultants;
- database analysts and data administrators;
- software developers;
- programmers and developers of interactive systems;
- web designers and web developers;
- biotechnologists and biotechnicians;
- technologists and mechanical engineering technicians;
- technologists and technicians of industrial and manufacturing production;
- technologists and technicians of electrical and electronic engineering;
- technologists and technicians design work;
- computer network technicians;
- technical support specialists;
- information systems testing specialists;
- medical laboratory technologists;
- medical laboratory technicians and pathology assistants;
- medical technologists and technicians;
- business development managers;
- producers, directors, choreographers and related professions;
- Graphic designers and illustrators;
- industrial electricians;
- telecommunications installation and repair workers.
You can apply for immigration on the provincial Alberta website. Successful applicants will be given provincial nominations, which add 600 points to the Express Entry system. In this way, applicants will almost certainly be selected in the next Express Entry selection for provincial program participants and receive permanent residency in Canada.
Хотите иммигрировать в Канаду, но не знаете с чего начать?
👉Пройдите бесплатную оценку шансов с помощью искусственного интеллекта, который проанализирует все доступные способы и скажет стоит ли вам тратить время.