BC PNP Tech: immigration to British Columbia for IT workers
Qualified IT professionals can immigrate to Canada through the BC PNP Tech program.
British Columbia's technology sector is a major driver of economic growth in the province, with employment in the industry being very high. The BC PNP Tech program allows IT professionals to get permanent residency in British Columbia.
To apply for the BC PNP Tech, you must receive a job offer in British Columbia in one of the following occupations:
- telecommunication carriers managers;
- computer and information systems managers;
- managers in publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts;
- civil engineers;
- mechanical engineers;
- electrical and electronics engineers;
- chemical engineers;
- computer engineers;
- information systems analysts and consultants;
- database analysts and data administrators;
- software engineers and designers;
- computer programmers and interactive media developers;
- web designers and developers;
- biological technologists and technicians;
- electrical and electronics engineering technicians and technologists;
- electronic service technicians;
- industrial instrument technicians and mechanics;
- computer network technicians;
- user support technicians;
- information systems testing technicians;
- authors and writers;
- translators, terminologists and interpreters;
- broadcast technicians;
- audio and video recording technicians;
- support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts;
- technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts;
- graphic designers and illustrators;
- technical sales specialists in wholesale trade.
How the program works and how to apply
BC PNP Tech is not a separate immigration stream. You must first decide which stream of provincial immigration program you are eligible for:
Then you can apply for the chosen stream. You will be assessed according to its evaluating system. If your occupation is eligible for the Tech program, your application will be processed in priority order, and you will be invited in a special Tech draw.
To learn about other BC's provincial program streams, see "Immigration to British Columbia — Canada's provincial program (BC PNP)".