Immigration to Newfoundland and Labrador for graduate entrepreneurs
Newfoundland and Labrador graduates with business management experience can obtain a permanent residency through the International Graduate Entrepreneur stream.
The International Graduate Entrepreneur stream of the Newfoundland and Labrador provincial program is for those who have graduated from a university in the province and have started or purchased a business. Up to three business partners can immigrate through the program at once.
To immigrate through the International Graduate Entrepreneur stream, you must meet a number of requirements:
- be at least 21 years of age;
- complete an academic program of 2 years or more in the Memorial University or College of the North Atlantic in Newfoundland and Labrador;
- make a business plan;
- get a Post-Graduation Work Permit;
- have at least 1 year of experience in owning and managing a business in the province, you must own at least one-third of the company;
- demonstrate proficiency in English or French at level 7 on the CLB scale;
- create at least one workplace within the business.
Priority will be given to candidates who are doing business in one of the in-demand fields:
- natural resources.
In addition to the requirements listed above, Newfoundland and Labrador evaluates candidates using the provincial Expression of Interest system. You must score at least 67 points. Points are awarded for factors such as language skills, education, business experience, age, business field, and ability to adapt to the province.
How to apply
To immigrate through the International Graduate Entrepreneur stream, you must complete an Expression of Interest form on the official website of Newfoundland and Labrador. Once the application is approved, candidates are also interviewed by the province.
To learn about other Newfoundland and Labrador provincial program streams, see "Immigration to Newfoundland and Labrador — Canada's provincial program".