Quebec's permanent immigration pilot program for orderlies
If you have experience in the health care industry, you can apply for this stream.
The pilot program offers permanent residency to temporary foreign workers who are currently working in Quebec as orderlies. Up to 550 candidates will be invited annually under this pilot, with their families being able to immigrate, too. The program will run until January 1, 2026.
The immigration pilot is divided into two streams:
Conditions common to both streams
- be 18 years of age or older;
- work in Quebec as an orderly;
- show financial self-sufficiency (see below);
- demonstrate the French language ability at level 7 on the Quebec scale of competency levels (upper-intermediate);
- obtain an attestation of learning about democratic values and the Quebec values expressed by the Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms.
If you are eligible for the work stream, the requirements are as follows:
- diploma of completion of an academic program of at least 1 year;
- 2 years of work experience in Quebec as an orderly within the last 3 years;
- or 1 year of work experience outside Quebec and 1 year in Quebec within the last 3 years in one of the following occupations:
If you are eligible for the work-study stream, the requirements are as follows:
- diploma of vocational education issued by one of the educational institutions of Quebec;
- work experience in Quebec as an orderly for at least 1 year within the last 2 years;
- no scholarship, which obliges you to return to your home country after your studies.
You must prove that you have enough money, depending on your family composition. The amounts are in Canadian dollars:
|1 adult||2 adults||Number of children|
How to apply
To apply for the immigration pilot for orderlies, you must fill out a form in French. The form also lists the required documents, they need to be scanned and saved in PDF format. After that, you need to create an account in the Arrima system. The system will ask you to provide information about yourself and about your family members who intend to immigrate with you. There you will also upload the completed form.