Immigration to British Columbia for skilled workers
Professionals who have a job offer in British Columbia can immigrate to Canada through the provincial Skilled Worker program.
B.C.'s Skilled Worker stream helps people of management, tech, trades, and other professions obtain permanent residency.
There are two options for participating in the Skilled Worker stream:
- for candidates who meet the requirements of one of the federal programs and have an Express Entry profile;
- for candidates without an Express Entry profile.
You must meet the following criteria to apply for the stream:
- receive a job offer from a B.C. employer in a skilled occupation at level 0, A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC);
- have at least 2 years of full-time work experience in a skilled occupation;
- have enough money to support yourself and the dependent family members (see below);
- for occupations in NOC B: provide language test results with a minimum CLB 4 score.
Those who use the Express Entry option need to meet the minimum requirements of one of the three federal programs:
B.C. uses a point scoring system to select candidates. You can score up to 190 points. The most successful candidates receive invitations. B.C. awards points for the following factors:
1. Economic factors:
- profession in the job offer — a maximum of 50 points;
- salary offered — a maximum of 50 points;
- employer's location in British Columbia — a maximum of 10 points.
2. Human capital factors:
- work experience related to the proposed position — a maximum of 25 points;
- education — a maximum of 25 points;
- English or French ability — a maximum of 30 points.
Candidates who have a profile in Express Entry are first evaluated on Express Entry criteria, then on B.C. criteria.
Applicants must demonstrate they have the means to support themselves and their family after the immigration. The amount depends on where the applicant intends to live. The amounts are in Canadian dollars.
|Number of family members||Greater Vancouver area||The rest of the province|
|1||$22 804||$19 006|
|2||$28 390||$23 659|
|3||$34 902||$29 087|
|4||$42 376||$35 316|
|5||$48 062||$40 054|
|6||$54 205||$45 175|
|7 or more||$60 350||$50 296|
How to apply
To apply for the Skilled Worker stream, candidates must create a profile on the B.C. provincial website, fill out their information and attach documents. If you chose the Express Entry option, you must first create a profile in the Express Entry system.
To learn about other BC provincial program streams, see "Immigration to British Columbia — Canada's provincial program (BC PNP)".
Хотите иммигрировать в Канаду, но не знаете с чего начать?
👉Пройдите бесплатную оценку шансов с помощью искусственного интеллекта, который проанализирует все доступные способы и скажет стоит ли вам тратить время.