Temporary immigration program for graduates of Canadian universities
From May 6 to November 5, 2021, Canada is accepting applications under the temporary stream of the federal immigration program.
Candidates who have graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution may apply for permanent residency under the temporary permanent residency program for foreign nationals with a recent credential from a Canadian post-secondary institution. Recruitment will close on Nov. 5, 2021 or when the application limit is reached.
Requirements for applicants
To participate in the selection process, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- graduated from an educational institution (university, college, or high school) in Canada before you applied, but not before January 2017;
- the training program must be at least 8 months in length, except for range of specialties for which any length is allowed;
- have an English or French level of at least 5 on the CLB scale (Canadian Language Assessment System);
- work in Canada on a work permit at the time of application;
- Self-employed candidates, with the exception of private physicians, are not eligible for the program;
- reside in Canada as a temporary resident and be in Canada at the time of application;
- intend to live outside the province of Quebec.
Family members of the principal applicant will also be able to immigrate to Canada if they are already in the country at the time of application.
Immigration for French-speaking professionals
In order to support the immigration of French-speaking professionals, applications from French-speaking candidates are considered separately. To participate in the stream of French-speaking graduates you have to fulfill the same requirements as listed above and submit the results of the French or bilingual test.
The interim program for Canadian graduates has an application limit of 40,000.