Temporary immigration programme for in-demand professions
From May 6 to November 5, 2021, Canada is accepting applications under the temporary stream of the federal immigration program.
Professionals who work in Canada in one of the in-demand occupations can apply for permanent resident status. Recruitment under the program will close on Nov. 5, 2021 or when the application limit is exhausted.
Requirements for applicants
To participate in the selection process, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of 1 year (1,560 hours) experience within the last 3 years;
- the work experience must be obtained in Canada in one of the in-demand professions;
- work in Canada in any occupation at the time of application;
- have an English or French level of at least 4 on the CLB scale (Canadian Language Assessment System);
- reside in Canada as a temporary resident and be in Canada at the time of application;
- intend to live outside the province of Quebec.
Family members of the principal applicant will also be able to immigrate to Canada if they are already in the country at the time of application.
Immigration for French-speaking professionals
In order to support the immigration of French-speaking professionals, applications from French-speaking candidates are considered separately. To participate in the French-speaking professionals stream, the same requirements as listed above must be fulfilled and the results of the French or bilingual test must be provided.
The temporary program for specialists of in-demand professions is divided into two streams, each of which has its own application limit:
- healthcare professionals — 20,000 applications;
- specialists in other fields — 30,000 applications (the limit has been reached!).
There is no limit for French-speaking and bilingual candidates. The Immigration Department will accept applications until November 5, regardless of their number.