Immigration to Manitoba for farm investors
Investors planning to do farm business in Manitoba can immigrate through the Farm Investor category.
The Business Investor — Farm Investor stream of Manitoba's provincial program is designed for those who have farm managing experience and a desire to develop agriculture in the province.
To immigrate through the Farm Investor stream, you must meet the following requirements:
- have 3 years of experience in a farm business management;
- make a business plan;
- plan to live on the farm and actively participate in the management of the business;
- make a research visit to Manitoba;
- own a net worth of $500,000 CAD;
- be ready to invest $300,000 CAD in the farm business in a rural area of the province;
- attend an interview in English or French with Manitoba representatives.
How to apply
To immigrate to Manitoba through the Farm Investor stream, you should follow the instructions on the official provincial website. You will need to fill out some forms and send them by email. If approved, you will be able to arrive in Manitoba and start a business within 30 days.
To learn about other Manitoba provincial program streams, see "Immigration to Manitoba — Canada's provincial program".