Immigration to Nova Scotia for entrepreneurs
Candidates who want to start or buy a business in the province can immigrate through the Entrepreneur stream.
The Entrepreneur stream of Nova Scotia’s provincial program allows people who want to do business in the province to get a permanent residency.
To be eligible to immigrate through the Entrepreneur stream, you must meet the following requirements:
- be at least 21 years old;
- have a net worth of $600,000 CAD;
- be ready to invest $150,000 CAD in the business;
- have suitable work experience within the last 10 years:
- 3 years as a business owner, with a stake in the company of at least 33.33%;
- or 5 years as a senior manager;
- demonstrate proficiency in English or French at level 5 on the CLB scale (intermediate level).
How to apply
If you are interested in immigrating through the Entrepreneur stream, you can create an account in the province's "Expression of Interest" system. The province evaluates candidates on criteria such as language level, education, business management experience, age, net worth amounts, adaptability, and so on.
Successful applicants receive invitations. After that, you must arrive in Nova Scotia and start your business, and only then will you be able to apply for permanent residency.
To learn about other streams of Nova Scotia's provincial program, see "Immigration to Nova Scotia — Canada's provincial program".