Immigration to Saskatchewan for entrepreneurs
Candidates wishing to do business in the province can immigrate through the Entrepreneur stream.
The Entrepreneur stream of Saskatchewan’s provincial program is designed for candidates who wish to start, purchase or partner in a business in the province.
You must meet the following requirements to be able to apply for the Entrepreneur stream:
- have 3 years of experience managing or owning a business within the last 10 years;
- hold a net worth of $500,000 CAD;
- be able to invest in the business:
- $300,000 CAD if the business is located in Regina or Saskatoon;
- $200,000 CAD if the business is located in other cities in the province;
- own one-third of the established or purchased business in the province, the requirement is waived if the total investment in the business exceeds $1 million CAD;
- create at least two jobs within the business;
- make a business plan.
How to apply
If you are interested in immigration through the Entrepreneur stream, you must gather the required documents listed on the Saskatchewan official website and send the application via the email listed there.
If approved, you will be able to arrive in the province and start your business, after which you will have the opportunity to get permanent residency.
To learn about other Saskatchewan provincial program streams, see "Immigration to Saskatchewan — Canada's provincial program".