Registration is open for Canada's largest job fair
This year's Destination Canada fair will take place in an online format.
The Destination Canada Mobility Forum is Canada's largest annual job fair designed to introduce Canadian employers to job seekers from other countries. In 2021, it will be held from November 18 to 20 from 3:00 to 9:00 p.m. CET. Because of the pandemic, the event will take place online.
Who can register
Participation in the Destination Canada Fair is free, but is by invitation only. The event is intended primarily for French-speaking and bilingual candidates who wish to immigrate to Canada and live outside the province of Quebec. Those who only know English are also welcome to try their luck, but note that all conferences will be held in French; in English, only questions can be asked and answered.
Those who have been invited to the job fair will be able to connect with Canadian employers who are looking for employees as well as learn from Canadian provincial representatives about immigration and living opportunities in Canada's regions.
Candidates who fit into one of the following categories are eligible to participate:
- candidates who have a profile in the system Express Entry;
- applicants who have previously obtained a work or study permit in Canada;
- candidates who have an open permit to work in Canada;
- applicants who have been approved for permanent residence status;
- entrepreneurs who are planning to buy or start a business in Canada;
- candidates whose immediate family members live in Canada.
The fair will take place over three days, one of which you can join. The following are the hours according to Central European Time:
- 15:30-16:15 — Options for temporary accommodation in Canada;
- 16:30-17:15 — Canadian Immigration Programs;
- 17:30-18:15 Canadian labour market (networking, resume, interview preparation, Canadian job search tips);
- 18:30-19:15 — fundamentals of successful immigration (financial preparation, networking, finding accommodation, health care, schools for children, adapting to the new life);
- 19:30-20:15 — Business in Canada (for those who want to immigrate as an entrepreneur).
Register for Destination Canada until October 24. You must provide the following information on the registration form:
- first and last name;
- date of birth;
- country of citizenship;
- country and city of permanent residence;
- level of English and French;
- level of education;
- field of activity and length of experience;
- a resume in Canadian format.
If you want to participate in the fair together with your spouse, you must apply separately. But you can include each other's contact information in your applications.