Canada is the best country for freelancers and remote workers
Making a living online? Then come to Canada!
The labor market has changed dramatically during the pandemic, and now a huge number of people are working from their homes rather than in offices. But who says that you have to work remotely from your own country?
Portal CircleLoop conducted a study and ranked the best countries for those who work remotely. The countries were evaluated according to a variety of criteria:
- average speed of regular Internet and mobile Internet;
- the average monthly cost of a standard Internet package;
- the monthly cost of renting a one-bedroom apartment;
- population happiness index;
- the share of immigrants in the total population of the country;
- job searches: the annual number of searches in search engines with the wording "Remote job in ... (country)".
Considering all the criteria, the experts gave scores to the countries. A maximum of 100 points could be obtained.
So, the top 10 are:
|Country||Internet speed, Mbit/sec||Mobile internet speed||Cost of Internet, USD||Rent a flat, USD||Happiness Index||Share of migrants, %||Searching for remote work||Evaluation|
|Canada||149,35||84,54||$34,86||$1 021||7,23||21,3||83 900||74,35|
|Denmark||179,81||66,68||$48,23||$1 139||7,65||12,5||1 080||61,49|
|Netherlands||125,82||88,13||$42,43||$1 304||7,45||13,4||3 440||60,27|
|Australia||58,52||88,35||$48,35||$1 231||7,22||30||17 600||60,16|
|Switzerland||186,4||73,85||$72,1||$1 661||7,56||29,9||3 840||60,15|
Canada is one of the largest tech hubs in the world, so it's no surprise that it came in first place. A couple more advantages: Canada is one of the top ten happiest countries in the world and immigrants are treated well here. Incidentally, Canada also topped the most popular places to work ranking.